What's new
What's new

Steam Convoy

I have written this before but there is no place that comes close to Great Britain when it comes to preserving their history, and in particular their preservation of historic machinery! It is interesting in this country we hardly hear much of WWI but over there this past year has brought all sorts of remembrances of the 100th anniversary of it.

Not completely off topic since the video you posted was part of the WWI aniversary memorials taking place in England this summer was the following sight to see at the Tower of London;
3033890-slide-s-1-tower-of-london-poppy.jpg

When you first come across it is quite beautiful and neat to see, but then you realize that each of those flowers was one human life cut short by WWI and it becomes quite sad to see!

On happier note, youtube is awash in videos of the Great Dorset Steam fair and it is almost incomprehensible to a person such as myself over here in the USA to see! Here's a neat one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZnyACzyX2Y back in 2013 I guess they wanted to set a new world record for most steam rollers in operation together. 103 of them showed up there to parade together. I bet there aren't even 103 surviving steam rollers in the USA. Maybe I am wrong?

Back