What's new
What's new

Hardinge cataract bench lathe

Avtrill

Plastic
Hardinge cataract bench lathe for sale or trade

I have a nice little hardinge cataract bench lathe I think from the 1920's- 1930's. It is in exceptional condition and I am only the second owner. Lathe had been sitting in a crate since 1985 and untouched. Original owner was a machinist from New Jersey and this was his home machine that he kept in the basement.
Lathe has extra features and parts like 2 compound slides, 4c collet adapter, 3 jaw chuck, quick release lever , and for the tailstock, a set of collets, a plate adapter thing and some other parts I don't know what they are for. Also has all the original parts that came stock in case you want to go that route with it. All parts are all original all hardinge cataract lathe parts. I see lathes like this one sell for $700 by themselves. With all the extras going for over $600. I'm asking $750 obo. All the parts are in excellent condition and not abused. The bed of the lathe is perfect. When I put a dial indicator on a piece of round stock I can get it to within 1 thousandth. I am new to metal lathes and purchased this not knowing much about it but would like someone to have it that would want to restore it or something like that. I don't want to mess with it it's too nice. I have a couple other things that I couldn't fit in. Not a bunch but an extra set of chuck jaws etc. I would really like to have a lathe that is more modern so if you would like to trade maybe we can make a deal. My email is [email protected] and if you email me I can give you my phone number if you want to talk. Below is a link to some pictures. Thanks for reading this and have a good day.
https://goo.gl/photos/YVTANekVaG2zUwGx5

Last edited:

Back