What's new
What's new

Hardinge Cataract Quick Change Lathe for sale in Europe.

Harold Mulder

Hot Rolled
As the title says there is a Hardinge Cataract QC lathe for sale in Germany. Don't know how many people from the continent follow this forum, however I thought I would list this ebay advert. I've been in contact with the seller and it belonged to his dad who bought it in the mid fifties. Dad has passed on and the family is clearing up the shop.
Here is a link to the advert.

If anybody does buy this please keep in contact with me.

Harold

One less ocean away and it would sell very fast at that fixed price (not an auction). Only 750 Euros and it has a 40 position tool post with at least two holders, worth $300 or more.

Wonder if Hardinge made those lathes in a metric version. I can almost see the thread pitches and think they are tpi.

Larry

I had a few extra pictures from the owner and the thread pitch matches my two machines exactly so standard TPI. However he might have the metric gearing setup with it. Not sure exactly all that came extra with this particular machine.

Harold

This was a very advanced lathe for the time. It did not have a threading dial, you just engaged the threading leveler, and it would engage correctly for the TPI the QC box was set for. The modern Hardinge lathes are the same way.

It may be hard to make it cut metric threads if it was not designed for it originally.

Vince

Back