What's new
What's new

Help identify this air compressor

got a similar looking one back home, it knocks something fierce but still works fine

Can't remember what the data plate says, but I have looked around for rebuild parts and found nothing reasonably priced in the past.
LP cylinder is in the 5" range, so it is fairly large

That is an older Wayne, I have one myself, good old pump and gaskets valve sets are still available for them with a little searching, no hard parts of course but rebuild part are ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head + inlet & outlet scream refrigeration compressor.

Forget rebuilding. Parts are too expensive if you can find them, and efficiency sucks.

I've never seen a refrig compressor with an interstage heat exchanger like that

ETA: come to think of it, never seen a two stage refrigeration compressor either.

Thanks for helpful information, the compressor has served me well for many years. Outasite introduced me to this site & posted the inquiry for me. I hope to disassemble and inspect soon as well as narrow down the model. I will post pictures at that time in hopes to locate parts if possible and repairable.
Comp. seemed to run longer than typical to come up to pressure, then noticed it appeared to be running warmer than typical. Oil level always maintained, fingers crossed. Any input appreciated and thanks in advance.

Most common problems are dirty valves

Fix is usually cleaning and lapping to restore their function

Carefully pull the head Jo redo valves then inspect cylinders while open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

don't disassemble yet, check interstage pressure first, might only have one valve gone out on the LP cylinder

If it does not work as it did I tend to dissemble and find the oh-poop failed piece.
I always want to know what failed and why under a microscope.
Perhaps a big waste of time but I can not stand a equipment/machine failure that I can not quantify.
Do much agree that isolating to one side makes life easier in the tear down/fix but how to know the "right" interstage numbers?
Bob

should be around half of HP so that the two are balanced
if zero or vacuum, LP inlet
if low interstage pressure, LP outlet (as the compression ratio is almost nothing with the added volume of the interstage cooling loop)
If both valves then check out, broken rings

Back