What's new
What's new

Hendey 14 x 30 parts manual

cozmo135

Aluminum
I had some time this afternoon to work on my Hendey a little. I want to get it cleaned up and lubed well enough to make some chips and assess it before I invest a lot of time in it. Having said that I want to pull the carriage off and make sure it's cleaned and lubed before I turn anything. Does anyone have or know where I can get a parts manual for this machine? Serial# 33320. Thanks, Chuck

Plenty of threads on carriage rebuilds here. Use the search function.
Select "search," enter Hendey, select search and you will get pages and pages of information.

The parts manual may be less useful than you think, and this from the later 18 speed.

Attachments

• Carriage saddle related.jpg
    Carriage saddle related.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 58
The parts manual may be less useful than you think, and this from the later 18 speed.

Thanks John. Actually the picture answered a question I had. I pulled the compound off yesterday and started to dissasemble it and wasn't sure about the upper shaft. It appears that you take the fastener out of the gear and remove it from the shaft and then push the shaft out of the front of the housing. I wasn't sure if the the collar on the front of the shaft was pressed on or part of the shaft. Thanks again.
Chuck

Ok, so I pulled the gear off the shaft and removed the shaft from what the parts manual calls the bearing. I pressed the bushing out and I'm going to replace it. There was 0.016 clearance. That seemed a bit much. My question is: did the machine originally have a wick under the ball oiler and in the bore of the shaft. Both were plugged up with what could have been wick....or it could have just been gunk. In any event, whatever was in there needed to come out.

Back