What's new
What's new

nice rivett 2nd ops lathe on ebay

anchorman

Titanium
this isn't mine or anything. just thought you gents might be interested. my cursory look at the auction showed it to be pretty complete. might go cheap since it's pickup only.

-jon

Ebay Listing

[ 01-28-2007, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: johnoder ]

I bought it. $305 I replaced 2 - 6204 bearings on the intermediate shaft, about $25. This thing run smooth and quiet all the way up to 4500 rpm. It is going to make me a great 2nd op lathe after I paint it. It came with tailstock, compound, steady rest, full set of collets, collet chuck, 3 jaw 5" BUCK, and 4 jaw 5" BUCK. (Those 2 Bucks are worth $305.) I think it went cheap 'cause they said 440 only, first thing I did when I got home was to rewire motor for 220.
I've never seen or used a Rivett. It appears to be well built, and almost identical specs to a Dv-59 Hardinge. All my Hardinge accesories work well on it.

I have a model 918, which is similar. It is not my primary lathe, which is a 9" South Bend, but I love using it. The Rivett can really peel off the chips with precision. Of course, there are things you cannot do without a feed screw, but the lathe is nonetheless quite versatile. Kim Steiner

There is a Rivett 60 in South Mississippi for about the same price. Doesn't have the compound. It's got the tailstock, collets and a cutoff slide. Be a good start tho. I can scope it if anyone is interested. Jim

I'm also getting '43 918, but would like to see some of yours 918's. Thinking of painting it, but not sure what color they came from factory. Thanks, Russ

Back