What's new
What's new

Ebay camelback in Ga.

A truthful seller...

I love the description "as you can see, it's been used a lot.." From the looks of that table, it's almost "used up". Actually I give the seller credit for being perfectly honest and not saying it's "rare", "hard to find", "priceless", etc. I get so tired of sellers that try to pump something up when they don't even know what it is or what it's worth...

On the positive side that could be a bargain for someone if the table could be repaired or surfaced with a piece of plate steel.

Yes indeed about the over the top descriptions on eBay. One of my other hobbies is Model T Fords, some of my other Ford club friends and I had a big laugh once when someone posted "an Original, Rare, Ford tuning fork"... turns out it was just a old Ford flywheel magneto magnet.

Yep, another Royersford, either a 20" or a 21". And it still has the original table elevation crank handle. The table doesn't look too bad. A good deal for someone in that area.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems that a large percentage of the old camelbacks that have survived to 2008 are Royersfords. I wonder why that is? Maybe they were favored more by small shops, where they were kept in the back corner and used sparingly?

No bids and two days left to go...

No bids and two days left to go. Anyone down south want to pick this orphan up and part it out? I could use two parts from it, the table crank and the ratchet handle. Sorry to say this, but in scrap alone it's worth $100.

I got a similar machine a while back for free. Lots of parts mising! I made a bunch up myself. Several gears were gone and I had to have those hobbed out. Wound up costing me about $1000. Ya, I know I am nuts.

Mike

I got a similar machine a while back for free. Lots of parts mising! I made a bunch up myself. Several gears were gone and I had to have those hobbed out. Wound up costing me about $1000. Ya, I know I am nuts.

Mike

Mike I saw the way you fixed yours up you did a great job on it. This one mite get put in the project pile with the other 2 I have...

Paul

I won the Drill Press for 36.85, got shipping just about arranged, So we'll see what kind of shape its in when it gets here.

Why do we keep buying this old iron?:nutter:

Paul

Paul, You'll have two now. You'll have 86 dollar and 85 cents in both, plus gas. I need to talk to you about those tight and loose pulleys sometime. Jim

Paul, You'll have two now. You'll have 86 dollar and 85 cents in both, plus gas. I need to talk to you about those tight and loose pulleys sometime. Jim

Jim I won't have any gas in this one, And this makes the third one..:eek:

Yup we need to get togather...

Paul

Both of my big camelbacks, the Buffalo 20 and the Royersford 20, have similar stories. I was the only bidder, and the sellers didn't really care about the low selling price. They were glad that it was going to someone who knew what it was, and was going to restore it and use it.

My Royersford was in service in a decorative ironworking shop. The owner was semi-retiring and consolidating his operation into a smaller building. He had bought the Royersford from someone else around 1975, and had gotten 30+ years of good service from it. He listed it on ebay for $99 and I was the only bidder. He was really happy that I bought it, because he didn't feel right scrapping it. We talked for a while when I picked it up. After I finish restoring it, hopefully I'll get another 20+ years out of it and pass it on to someone else.

Dave got here about 3:30 today, I checked the drill press it is about a 10 or 12 inch.

Didn't put a tape on it and it did have power feed at one time. Most of the parts are long gone but a few left...Picture of Dave getting here....

Paul

Attachments

• DrillPress On Trailer.JPG
    DrillPress On Trailer.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 86

Back