What's new
What's new

I’ve looked can’t find any info on this acquisition

Raybmarlow

Cast Iron
I’ve surfed and crashed all the usual sites for info on this, anyone got any insight?.

05d85574f581fbf3d30cf69418540bb5.jpg
17d99f3911cbb2949dbcd6a93358936c.jpg
??
43312eaed482f0fc9be4a5588281a100.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve surfed and crashed all the usual sites for info on this, anyone got any insight?

Ummh.... "Predates the internet"?

Mystic Connecticut early history searches may find mention of the company and its founders.

Small town at the time, but already long established as an important one (seafaring..).

There wudda been a newspaper, and one that was always starved for news. The erection of a new building, hire of old one, and whom the previous occupiers were, the all-too-common large fire, thence new premiese, hire or retirement of a foreman or manager, wedding of the founder's daughter, and all that... are really rather common insights to what was afoot back in the era, as they usually fleshed the meagre event facts out with details about the peple, families, and their companies.

Ummh.... "Predates the internet"?

Mystic Connecticut early history searches may find mention of the company and its founders.

Small town at the time, but already long established as an important one (seafaring..).

There wudda been a newspaper, and one that was always starved for news. The erecton of a building, hire of one, the all-too-common large fire, thence new premiese, hire or retirement of a foreman or manager, wedding of the founder's daughter, and all that... are really rather common insights to what was afoot back in the era, as they usually fleshed the meagre event facts out with details about the peple and their companies.

I’ve searched Mystic as I’m familiar with the town, I live relatively close , much ship building and blacksmith info, this lathe or its mnfg no so much ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look up Standard Machinery Mystic, and you will find it started using that name in 1873. Seems about right for that lathe. Thery were known for paper machinery, so a lathe might have been an odd thing for them. Oops, further search, They were making paper machinery and lathes (seems a little odd) around 1916. Maybe they licensed the lathe. You might have the only one. Master Search Fu!

regards,

Jon P.

I cannot help any with the mystery Ray, but that is a nice looking small lathe if you ask me. Where did you come across that?

I cannot help any with the mystery Ray, but that is a nice looking small lathe if you ask me. Where did you come across that?

Hi Warren, I found this down by mass in Mason New Hampshire, I got this along with a Putnam leave of the same size and a small Crowningsheild horizontal milling machine and a few generators as a package deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up Standard Machinery Mystic, and you will find it started using that name in 1873. Seems about right for that lathe. Thery were known for paper machinery, so a lathe might have been an odd thing for them. Oops, further search, They were making paper machinery and lathes (seems a little odd) around 1916. Maybe they licensed the lathe. You might have the only one. Master Search Fu!

regards,

Jon P.

This is about all I have found also, I like having an only one !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back