What's new
What's new

ID This American Lathe..

J.L.M.

Aluminum
Looking to pick this lathe up but don't know what model it is.. its a american tool works lathe and it's missing the tag.. it's missing the threading dial parts and in picture I don't see what is the clutch handle.. I have looked on net and seen 2 lathes like this both with different clutch handle setup and theading dial setup so trying to fig out witch one I'm missing.. 1 has the shaft that runs under the apron for the clutch and other has a handle on the head. But don't know witch 1 I got so dont know what I'm missing.. serial number.is.46002 If anyone can decode it.. I would like to find the missing parts and bring this lathe back to life... I have only seen this picture of lathe. I dont.have it yet..
Let me know guys

IMG952017100195114225440.jpg

Please help Lathe ID - South Bend or Leblond

Hi, I'm a newbie and I hope that it's OK to post an ID query for a lathe in another's thread? ... apologies if not the norm.
Anyway I've attached a photo of a lathe below which I believe is either a South Bend, or a Leblond.
I would greatly appreciate any advice. Cheers

Attachments

• South Bend or Leblond  ???.jpg
    South Bend or Leblond ???.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 351
Hi, I'm a newbie and I hope that it's OK to post an ID query for a lathe in another's thread? ... apologies if not the norm.
Anyway I've attached a photo of a lathe below which I believe is either a South Bend, or a Leblond.

The way to do that is start your OWN thread and ask all the questions you want. Right now, you are just a post stuck on the end of someone else's thread. The lathe is neither South Bend or Le Blond

The welding mask hanging above the headstock suggests it could be a vintage Slagmaster™.

210110d1507982406-id-american-lathe-south-bend-leblond-.jpg

Back