What's new
What's new

ID for an old new lathe

G. Ermany

Plastic
Hi all! Since i don't found a place to introduce myself i'll do it here.
I'm called Lu and i live in Germany. I run a small business restoring vintage cars and bikes. Ok, mostly cars but i don't send anyone home coming in with a Pan or Shovelhead...
Here's a pic of a '53 F100 i'm working on in the moment.
30243388ja.jpg

I really dig old machinery and try to fill open space in the shop with everything i can get my hands on( means: what i can afford).
Thats why i stumbled over this forum. I found an old lathe on a garage sale recently, the price was ok and i took her home.
30968974sa.jpg

She's old and dirty, broke her leg sometime in her life but i love her. Now i want to know how old this machine is and who build it. It was converted to electric drive a long time ago, guessing pre WWII as the motor is pre war and the the used hardware looks the same.
My plans are installing a modern electric drive with frequency converter, clean everything up, check bearings and paint to match other machines in the shop.
If anyone has ideas in the manufacturer, model and age i would be happy to hear about. I didn't found any tags, one was once on the bed below the headstock and probably removed when the motor switch was installed. There are hand stamped numbers on most parts.

A couple more pics...
31007244qy.jpg

31007245sz.jpg

31007246ha.jpg

31007247fj.jpg

31007249tb.jpg

31007250hx.jpg

Back