What's new
What's new

ID This Warner Swasey tool holder

J.L.M.

Aluminum
What does this tool do in detail? I know it's for a Warner Swasey turret lathe and it's a model 1924 box mill tool holder. I don't know what it does and if I want it or not..

Let me know guys..
Thanks Jeremy

529195507.jpg529195287.jpg529195270.jpg

There's a book, you already know the number.

It's a W&S tool holder catalog, Ebay usually has a couple of copies for sale.

Or search on small tools.com

Yours looks pretty bad shape.

What does this tool do in detail? I know it's for a Warner Swasey turret lathe and it's a model 1924 box mill tool holder. I don't know what it does and if I want it or not..

Let me know guys..
Thanks Jeremy

It turns a straight diameter up to a square shoulder, using the rollers to support the work like a follower rest. They can hold tight tolerance if set correctly.

Larry

Also called end former
You can form a big chamfer or a radius on the end of a bar.
If I was to buy a tool like this I would prefer a box tool that has a way to back off the tool from the dia being turned. As you can also set them up like an end former. But they excel as a way to turn down stock. It is easy to turn a half inch of stock per side. Or an inch off dia.
Jimsehr

After you learn how to use them.

Some Members of this Forum Own Warner & Swasey Turret Lathes

There are members of this forum who own Warner & Swasey turret lathes, although there's actually a dedicated Warner & Swasey forum on PM.

Does that mount in a 3/4" hole? If so, it might fit other brands of lathes.

I don't have the book.. I thought this place was for asking questions? If asking a question is a problem I can take them elsewhere. ..

And I answered your question.

Learn how to read.

If you own a W&S turret lathe, get the book.

SIMPLE

Back