What's new
What's new

L&S 14" lathe parts on craigslist

Plain spindle bearings , double nose spindle and single clutch lever apron says its a 12 or 14 forerunner of the Model A, around the twenties

Thumbnail shows one together from 1926

No connection to the seller, but thought it may be of interest to some on this forum. A Cincinnati local has what looks like a bunch of good condition parts from a 14" Lodge & Shipley gear head lathe for sale. I've been following the 16" @Sachmanram rebuild he's doing, no clue if there is any parts compatibility there.

Lodge and shipley 14in. Lathe parts. - tools - by owner - sale

Attachments

• Spec Sheet 1.jpg
    Spec Sheet 1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 98
Leave it to John O. to have some eagle eyes and be able to ID this pile of parts from afar :D

Judging by the outdoor images, palletized parts, and velcro shoes, I'd bet some or all of this lot would sell for scrap price.

I frequent the Leesburg area 3-4 times a week, if a PM member is in need of any of this stuff I can lay eyes on it and facilitate getting it shipped---assuming the seller doesn't already have a plan for that. Also assuming the seller doesn't have pie-in-the-sky valuation for a pile of parts.

As an aside to John, I've called that Brock company in Dayton OH regarding the Ohio Shaper drawings 2 times with no answer or message ability. I've not followed up on anything other than the phone number from the previous thread. I know the neighborhood there, it is not pleasant, even while CCW.

I thank you for giving the Ohio Shaper parts business some effort:)

Leave it to John O. to have some eagle eyes and be able to ID this pile of parts from afar :D

Judging by the outdoor images, palletized parts, and velcro shoes, I'd bet some or all of this lot would sell for scrap price.

I frequent the Leesburg area 3-4 times a week, if a PM member is in need of any of this stuff I can lay eyes on it and facilitate getting it shipped---assuming the seller doesn't already have a plan for that. Also assuming the seller doesn't have pie-in-the-sky valuation for a pile of parts.

As an aside to John, I've called that Brock company in Dayton OH regarding the Ohio Shaper drawings 2 times with no answer or message ability. I've not followed up on anything other than the phone number from the previous thread. I know the neighborhood there, it is not pleasant, even while CCW.

Back