What's new
What's new

OK to post for sale of antique items here?

sandiapaul

Titanium
Title says it all. I have a few things, machines and other I am looking to sell, including a shaper.
I want to make sure it is OK before I post anything.

Thanks,

Paul

Well aware of the list. There is no For Sale forum anymore, there is a separate PM Classified section, the link is at the upper right of any page.

I am asking if it is OK to post antique items for sale here in this forum. From what I know the new classified are not visited too highly, plus I believe shapers are not permissible.

I would think it should be fine but I am not the boss. To me anything of interest to the folks on this forum that covet, collect, chase, restore and have these old machines in their blood should be fine. We would do a post about a wonderful old machine that got advertised in the wrong place and bought by the wrong owner (such as say that "corn field" lathe got bought by a local guy that cut the bed to make it shorter so he could turn bowls on it) we all would have been pissed. If it were advertised here it would have found a better home.

The For Sale forum does still exist and remains pretty active. I believe that the forum owner would prefer shapers and antique items for sale to be posted here. It occurs fairly often.

...There is no For Sale forum anymore, ....

I look at the tooling for sale and the machinery for sale pages every day. They are still active. Apparently the new classified page is a bust. I don't look at it because it is too hard to read, with small faint print.

Larry

Huh, my mistake, I didn't know the old classified were re-opened. Last I read is new posts were not being accepted. Sorry.

I will however post my "antique" stuff here.

Paul

Hi Paul, replied to your PM- sorry about the delay. I have not been given specific instructions about for-sale stuff on this forum so my general position is its OK if the seller is otherwise participating and the item is suitable for discussion in the forum.

Greg

Back