What's new
What's new

This is My Machine. There Are Other Machines Like it But This One is Mine Poster

MattRobertson

Aluminum
Found this at the Missouri History Museum in St. Louis. This poster was illustrated by Pat Holbrooke in 1944. It was in the section displaying the war effort and actions taken in St. Louis and Missouri during the time. I have a lot of respect for the veterans of WWII. My father is even a Vietnam veteran.

It would have been impossible to win the war without the machinist making weaponry and machinery for our brave soldiers.

Thought you guys might like this too.

Here's a link the to post and a bigger image:
This is My Machine. There Are Other Machines Like it But This One is Mine | Ozark Tool Manuals & Books

You can actually buy this poster as a wall decal here:

Machinist Poster

machinistposter.png

^ real kicker at least here in the uk, most of the peoples who were running the machines at that time were not male!

I have the ghost of an old Swede machinist haunting me..............Of course being a kid, I wanted to use a vertical mill all the time, he always herded me to the shaper instead..............I couldn't wait to get away from them. Years later, whenever I see a shaper, I have to buy it. (like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory, buying the book Catcher in the Rye)
I tell a guy that went to school there too, Harry's ghost is haunting me.

I googled St Louis History Museum and got several possibilities, no sure which one. Will have to make it a point to get by there, since it is only about two hours away.

Good inspirational poster, ............though I think that turret tooling needs a few more bolts, ........and the turret re-aligning.

Kind of how I feel about the Pacemaker at work, but not for the defense of freedom. I rescued that one form sitting behind a building, headed to the scrap yard as soon as it had depreciated a few more years. Restored it in the late 90s at the museum, left there and then went back and picked it up when the company I am with now bought it from the museum when I was notified it was for sale. I left that company for 3 1/2 years from 2012-2015, then came back to her last year.

Back