What's new
What's new

Bedfordshire Steam and Country Fayre this past weekend

Richard T

Aluminum
I was lucky enough to be in London this past weekend when the Bedfordshire Steam and Country Fayre (Fare for us Colonials) was going on.

The album and sub albums are full of photos from full scale steam tractors, steam rollers, steam powered cars and trucks, large scale models, vintage cars and a few other things.

There was a machine shop powered by a hit and miss engine also.

Bedfordshire Steam and Country Fayre pictures by argon5w - Photobucket

Last edited:
I do like the large scale models.
Since our gov. likes to hand down edicts I think the next one should be:
Commencing next year 10% of all equipment shall be stream powered!

Large scale models

Thank you for the replies.

The power of the big machines were really impressive, but it was the models that I was the most interested in. Seeing so many miniature trucks, tractors and rollers driving under steam power was great.

I wanted to attend the Goodwood Revival over the weekend. Unfortunately, I was not actually scheduled to be here and didn't buy tickets. The Revival was sold out when I arrived Thursday. It would have been great to attend both.

The next goal is to be here in January for the big model engineering show.

UK vintage

It was definitely a great rally to go to. I went to the rally in Kettering today. Kettering had more automobiles and stationary engines than Bedfordshire, but didn't have as much steam or machinery. I will post some Kettering pictures in the next few days.

I want to make another trip to Kew Bridge to get better photos than i did on my first trip. My first trip was rushed and I was just clicking photos off to get as many as I could while I was there.

Back