What's new
What's new

the Pandrol system

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
recently i filed a workmans comp claim for trackman who took head strike from Pandrol e-clip

the Pandrol family of rail track fasteners has origin from Norwegian engineer design of 1957

Pandrol is the market dominator in rail fasteners --- company video documents robotic production

chinese video details traditional production method---progressive forming upsets

Railway fastener parts Rail clip (SKL,E,etc.) production - YouTube

Attachments

• kjgkgj.jpg
    kjgkgj.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 276
  • ljkghkjfg.JPG
    ljkghkjfg.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 302
  • vjhgdf.JPG
    vjhgdf.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 385
recently i filed a workmans comp claim for trackman who took head strike from Pandrol e-clip

Those are a big honking spring clip....probably sounded like a rifle going off, and
knocked him right off his feet.
Safety glasses or even a face shield wouldn't stand a chance.

FWIW I can't understand how they can hold that track down when in a curve.

Holding the rail (not "track") down is no problem . Hundreds of tons of train hold it down just fine. The clips or other fasteners prevent lateral movement.

Holding the rail (not "track") down is no problem . Hundreds of tons of train hold it down just fine. The clips or other fasteners prevent lateral movement.

In a curve the rail wants to slide sideways eh ?

Probably want's to roll over too.

Here is a derailment I was on a few weeks ago. The inspector on the job said the track grew too much in 100*heat and the ties were in poor shape. I was with the crane setting the upright cars on good track.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 195
In a curve the rail wants to slide sideways eh ?

Probably want's to roll over too.

The part of the system that is embedded in the concrete tie (sleeper, to the Brits) provides a shoulder to keep the rail from sliding sideways, the same as the shoulder on the tie plates used with wood ties. The spring clips just keep the rail from rising ahead of the wheels and slipping over the shoulder.

Not too familiar with the Pandol system but I assume it cants the rail at a couple degree inward angle like tie plates do.

The rail can't roll, because that would require it to raise up under the weight of the train, UNLESS the ties are sufficiently deteriorated that the outside of the base can squish down into them.

Dennis

Here is a derailment I was on a few weeks ago. The inspector on the job said the track grew too much in 100*heat and the ties were in poor shape. I was with the crane setting the upright cars on good track.

The ballast looks like sawdust.

Looks like short coal cars ? Where they empty ?

And the trucks didn't come of either.

Based on the type of outlet gates, and the shape of the car still upright in the distance, I'd say grain, and that sawdust looking stuff looks like spilled grain.

Dennis

Back