What's new
What's new

Photo: ...more ladies helping with the war effort...

Another goody Lathefan :)

You will do as mom says :D

...or else!...gives a whole new meaning to "Ma Deuce"...(M2 fifty caliber machine gun)
ugly_rock.gif

Here's my favorite from a collection of "Rosie the Riveter" photos.

Annie acetylene.jpg

This photo was taken by LIFE photographer Bernard Hoffman at a boat-and-sub-building yard in October 1943

Last edited:
Our history

Thanks for posting, my father in law has quite a collection of theses "war time" posters, he will enjoy seeing these. My boss will also like them cause he was a chief for ~20 years in the navy during the cold war. Now I have something to kinda thank him for all the stories he shares with me, all the other guys in the shop head for the hills when he starts war story time but I love to hear 'em.
Some of the shit that went on back then was incredible, now a days whole platoons would be up on charges; but back then 90% was good fun and served very well to help and relieve the stress.

LETS HEAR IT FOR OUR VETERANS!!!!

Thanks for posting, my father in law has quite a collection of theses "war time" posters, he will enjoy seeing these. My boss will also like them cause he was a chief for ~20 years in the navy during the cold war. Now I have something to kinda thank him for all the stories he shares with me, all the other guys in the shop head for the hills when he starts war story time but I love to hear 'em.
Some of the shit that went on back then was incredible, now a days whole platoons would be up on charges; but back then 90% was good fun and served very well to help and relieve the stress.

LETS HEAR IT FOR OUR VETERANS!!!!

...I heard a lot of war stories as a kid...my dad was a medic in the South Pacific...my mom was a WAC x-ray technician in a state side army hospital...and the next door neighbor was a tank commander in Europe...

Back