What's new
What's new

Brown & Sharpe 12 mill info

The photos are poor, but I think when the seller says "production milling machine", he means it has no handles to move the table manually. I don't see any handles and if correct, it is not really very practical for a home, or small shop.

The Brown and Sharpe No. 12 is a plain bed type production milling machine.

While the No. 12 is one of the finest old line "bed mills" it is practically useless in a home shop or in most general purpose machine shops.

The glorious number 12

The No 12 production miller was part of my apprenticeship, Form the foundry storage yard to the production floor I have a tremendous amount of appreciation for the machine. I was assigned to a journeyman to experience running it,

The No 12 production miller was part of my apprenticeship, Form the foundry storage yard to the production floor I have a tremendous amount of appreciation for the machine. I was assigned to a journeyman to experience running it,

Hey Aura, I know this thread is a little old but I liked that you experienced the No 12. We have one in our company that we use for production of a specific part. I need to find another one. It is actually the perfect for our job. If you know of any around I am on the hunt for one (or two).

Back