What's new

Rockford #3 mill

• Thread starter Robert Jones
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2,309
R

Robert Jones

I just took possession of an old Rockford no. 3 mill. This is an old, probably from the 1920"s, horizontal mill. There were a slotting attachment and a vertical attachment
available, according to tony@uk. If there is anyone with any info at all, I would love to hear from you. This beauty is dirty and used, but the bearings are quiet and run true. It was originally a flat belt, but was converted to electric and whoever did it did a jam-up job. If there are parts and accessories for this machine, I am interested. Thanks, Bobby

I have a mill but mine is missing the power drive to the table. I have the verticle head for mine. For parts you'll have to make them! There is probably no source for parts. Tony has the most info I have ever seen on this little machine. Most of the time no one has ever heard of one much less seen one.

There's at least one more. Over on the rcm, Paul has posted pics of the one he is restoring. I used mine yesterday for the first timeand it really works nice. You are right, there is very little out there on these great little machines, but I'm gonna keep looking. Bobby

Here is a picture of this mill.
(img)http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/rckfrd3.jpg(/img)

[This message has been edited by Robert Jones (edited 08-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Robert Jones (edited 08-01-2001).]

Back