What's new
What's new

Rockwell EFI 3T gear head

Ibuildstuff

Plastic
Rockwell EFI 3T gear head drill press

I have a rockwell EFI 3T gear head drill press "drilling machine". Its 28",4mt, with an articulating arm. It has a motor to raise and lower the column, and pneumatic cylinders to lock the head and column in place. It has auto feed with a tapping feature. I believe it was made in the 70's by EFI in portugal. Same as the DoAll DTR-28. Anybody happen to have a similar drill or have any manuals for it?

Last edited:
If I remember right that is the drill press we had on FFG-7 class frigates back in the 80's in the HT shop. If so you might be able to get a manual on line from old military manuals . There is a site but can't place what it was called, I will look. I have the EFI non articulating gear head drill press with a 4 mt auto feed and a foot pedal for f/r for tapping.

Ill get some pics up tonight. Thanks romie. Found a rockwell manual for a different drill that uses the same head, and a manual for a doall dtr-28 that shows a good wiring diagram that is mostly the same as my machine. They leave a lot to be desired though.

For the longest time there was what I think you have, advertised
on the "meadville craiglist", yet now gone.

It was missing some major parts and was priced at $600.

Back