What's new
What's new

Shaper (12" Sheldon shaper for sale, SW Michigan)

Dern tootin you don't want to scrap it. There isn't a week that goes by around here that there isn't a someone who dials in and is looking for a "homeshop sized" shaper.

I imagine with the right price, this one will sell rather quickly.

Let us know how this turns out. Don't forget the pix. And stop by again to kick iron with us.

Joe

The Sheldon is "just" a home shop size shaper. As such it is a bit lighter built than say a G&E of similar size. But it is still a pretty big lump of iron. I ran one of these in my first real job, also 3 big G&E's. When it came up for sale I passed and regretted it ever since. The Sheldon is a nice home shop shaper and please someone don't let it go to scrap!

Paul

Shaper came home with me this weekend.
It weighs 1,800 pounds.
Needs paint?

ShaperSmall.jpg

7crankSmall.jpg

1operatorsside-1.jpg

5vise-1.jpg

Regards,
John

Glad you were able to get the shaper. I would like to find space for one someday. I have a Sheldon lathe and a Vernon jig borer/vertical mill (later owned by Sheldon) and like them. When I needed a vise with low overall height for my Burke no.4, I built a vise nearly identical to that one. I new I was using a design very similar to shaper vises but I never expected to see one so nearly like mine.
Rick

Hey Rick,
I have not looked at the vise yet but it looks sturdy. Everything is still on the trailer. Unloading tomorrow. This shaper has a small footprint yet a nice working height.
Regards,
John

Back