What's new
What's new

FS Hendey Shaper Vise 10" Jaws

47nomad

Cast Iron
I have a Hendey Shaper Vise for sale the jaws are 10 inches wide. Someone has added an extra set of mounting slots as shown. They are the shorter of the 2 sets. I don't have the handle for it. It appears to be the same vise as on my 12" Hendey Toolroom Shaper. I don't see anything broken or cracked.
The price is $320.00 and reflects taking a day off work and 130 miles of driving to be able to get it. Sorry too busy to have time to ship it but you can pick it up in Eaton Ohio 45320. Thanks, Dave. Sorry can't get the photos to post. [email protected]

Photos of the Hendey vise FS

Hope you can view the photos. Thanks John

Attachments

• DSCF3336.jpg
    DSCF3336.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF3335.jpg
    DSCF3335.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCF3337.jpg
    DSCF3337.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 530
One more photo of Hendey vise

The one I missed and failed to show. I'm not good at this sorry, Dave

Attachments

• DSCF3334.jpg
    DSCF3334.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 600
John, I drove right past you last week. Typical.

What is the spacing of the bolt slots in the base?

Thanks,

Lewis

edit: Also, What size are the lugs in the base that would fit into a t-slot and are they integral to the base or removable?

I'm trying to find the best fit to the shaper I'm supposed to be getting.

Bump

I think this vise looks like the better fit for me, but there's another vise on E-bay that I need to decide about bidding on tonight. We could both miss an opportunity here...

Hi Lewis, The information you requested on the Hendey shaper vise follows. Center spacing on the mounting slots are one set 4 1/2 inches the other set is 6 inches. The keys are 9/16 inches wide and are cast on the vise. Could be milled narrower or removed. I have ordered one of the new handles for it but it hasn't arrived yet. You might be mistaken who has the vise. It is not John but Dave In Eaton Ohio 45320. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks Dave,

I think I was just confused on whether we were addressing folks or signing off. I did just drive through Ohio on 71 though, so I was thinking about the right location. (I'm not likely to base purchase locations on first names.)

Unfortunately, that vise is just about exactly wrong for the shaper I'm trying to fit. Sounds like the base may actually be too big for the table, while the keys are too small. Thanks for checking on it.

Lewis

Back