What's new
What's new

Old Iron mother lode in Oregon

Dave Riant

Aluminum
Responding to a Craigs List add today I found a nice bunch of old machines for sale in Medford Or. Yeah I know you east coast guys find this stuff all the time , but quality old iron rarely shows up out here. Sorry no photos , even if I had my camera it was too dark and crowded with stuff to photograph. I can go look closer at particular machines if anyone is interested.

Burke Hor. mill -$400

Lutter & Gies "Millwaukee" Shaper 16" , 3hp , vice , looks plug & play -$200

W.S. lathe , perhaps 30s or 40s , 16-18" ?? short bed , owner said he thought it has powered tailstock ? $500

Monarch lathe 13" "patent '06" , quickchange, running. $1000

Axelson lathe 18" x 5' , taper , steady. early conehead with what appears to be factory motor addition. Looks plug and play. $900

Sidney lathe 17" $1500

Sidney lathe 24" x 10', nice big-un looks plug and play, $1200

Early lathe unknown make

Cute little power hacksaw

Big power hacksaw, probably 1500 # +

Big bridge crane

Near zero rust on all machines and most with original finish. For what I could see most machines were not abused but many I could'nt get close enough to check out.

Easy access to site from Interstate 5 and owner has big forklift.

Oscar the owner seems like a nice fellow and said prices were negotiable. His phone is 541-778-2630.

No more whineing about nothing available in northwest. -dave-

A gold mine....and don't have any gold!

In Medford??????? That's only about 2 1/2 hrs. away from me! Of COURSE all of my funds are tied up in the machines I have already....AARRRGGGHHH!

Maybe I should apply for some "stimulus funding".....

Thanks for the tip though Dave!

Oh I forgot , there is an old tool grinding machine (not working) and 1 or 2 iron workers also. I missed the Royersford drill press , sold before I got there. -dave-

Irby , yes thats the one.

Toolles , $50 for the little hacksaw.

He also has a 24 x 36 granite surface plate on a stand and a Mit. dig. height gauge.

I looked at the big Sidney again and found some issues so it's not plug and play as I previously indicated.

-dave-

Sidney 17 still available

Spoke with Oscar and the large Sydney 17 incher with 7 ft bed 3 Phase is still for sale along with a Little Brute Brake Drum lathe, very nice person top talk to;

lou

Responding to a Craigs List add today I found a nice bunch of old machines for sale in Medford Or. Yeah I know you east coast guys find this stuff all the time , but quality old iron rarely shows up out here. Sorry no photos , even if I had my camera it was too dark and crowded with stuff to photograph. I can go look closer at particular machines if anyone is interested.

Burke Hor. mill -$400

Lutter & Gies "Millwaukee" Shaper 16" , 3hp , vice , looks plug & play -$200

W.S. lathe , perhaps 30s or 40s , 16-18" ?? short bed , owner said he thought it has powered tailstock ? $500

Monarch lathe 13" "patent '06" , quickchange, running. $1000

Axelson lathe 18" x 5' , taper , steady. early conehead with what appears to be factory motor addition. Looks plug and play. $900

Sidney lathe 17" $1500

Sidney lathe 24" x 10', nice big-un looks plug and play, $1200

Early lathe unknown make

Cute little power hacksaw

Big power hacksaw, probably 1500 # +

Big bridge crane

Near zero rust on all machines and most with original finish. For what I could see most machines were not abused but many I could'nt get close enough to check out.

Easy access to site from Interstate 5 and owner has big forklift.

Oscar the owner seems like a nice fellow and said prices were negotiable. His phone is 541-778-2630.

No more whineing about nothing available in northwest. -dave-

Back