What's new
What's new

old ENCO Bore Head kit

Jack Reilly

Plastic
Hello everyone,
New here, but I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me.
I've got several pieces of tooling that I don't need and would like to sell,
but on one of them, I can't find any info to figure out it's value.
It is a ENCO bore head kit that is probably about 20 years old. The head itself
says Enco of Chicago, Ill.......Made in France.
I've got some pictures on photobucket, follow the link below.
I hope someone out there can remember this kit.
Thanks for any input.
Jack
ENCO pictures by CaptainJack9999 - Photobucket

I don't know what it's worth, but it sure is interesting to see the difference in "imported" tools from 20 years ago v/s today. That's a nice looking boring head, tenth adjustment, nice big micro dial, and look at how well the box is made.
--regal

Is there an Enco part number anywhere on it? I kept a souvenir copy of the last Enco catalog before they were bought out by MSC. It might be listed in there. It looks like it might be a boring and facing head they used to sell. You bored the hole, backed out, grabbed the knurled ring at the top and it fed the tool outward, spotfacing the surface around the hole--at least that's how the catalog described it. I could be wrong.

toolingjim (Just a guy who likes to build stuff)

No numbers on the box, only on the tool holder and it doesn't bring up anything
on a google search (the number I'm talking about can be seen in the picture
of the bit holder).
I'll keep looking.
Jack

I bought that same boring and facing head new from Enco about 30 to 35 years ago. The head was made by Gamet. It is an excellent tool and cost me several hundred dollars at the time. I think they called it a model 1100 and there was a larger one called model 1200. Soon after I bought mine, they added a travel stop feature, which would be useful. I bought another one that looked identical in pictures on eBay a few years ago and found Enco had put their name on a copy of the Gamet unit, made in India.

Larry

Like Larry says. I have the 3/4" version, for usage it is a very nice head. One size allen wrench locks the tool, sets the diameter, and locks the diameter. Much better than 3 individual wrenches on a criterion.

Thanks to Mike Henery, I now have an "owners manual" for the Enco/Gamet
bore head.
It appears the head came in three versions, per the parts diagram, the 1100,
1200 and the 1300.
I'm guessing the 1100 was the 1/2 bar head, but does anyone know the differance between the 1200 and the 1300?
Jack

I just added six pictures of just the bore head to the photobucket album.
Can anyone answer the question of what model this is; the 1200 or 1300?
And does it look like it has the adjustable stops?
Thanks for all your help guys,
Jack
www.photobucket.com/captainjack-enc...k in the first post to view the new pictures.

It does not have the facing stops. The facing stops went in a tee slot groove on the side opposite the lock screw side. IIRC they came up against a small pin in a shaft that rotated and kicked the facing out of gear.

Back