What's new
What's new

Hendey Lathe op. manual on Fleabay

If you're successful, I'm curious how the information would differ from the versions available in the stickey post and what models it would cover? I wonder if it concontrate on the EBM/ECM machines or the 4C?

FYI: The two pages (two and three) in the Ebay listing are IDENTICAL in the 1940 manual scan in the sticky hosted by Greg Menke for me.

I.E., including table of contents.

John Oder

reggie_obe:

The only difference between the Third and Fifth editions of the Hendey Operator's manual is the addition of page 34A and 34B, inserted between page 34 and page 35.
Page 34A explains the adjustment of the apron clutch on the 12 and 18 speed geared
head lathes. Page 34B explains the adjustment of the carriage oiling system to the bed and cross slide ways.

Five editions of the Operator's Manual were issued between 1936 and 1947 and a special
abridged edition was produced for the United States Air Force in 1952. The only mention
of the 4C manufacturing lathe appears on page 24 and page 25, explaining the basic
features and the various speed ranges.

None of the editions deal with the EBM/ECM lathes. As I have mentioned in a previous post, two editions of the Operator's Manual, one editon of the Parts Book and two editions of the sales brochure were produced. I keep copies (not originals) for sale, if you
are interested in any of these items, let me know.

Hendeyman

Back