What's new
What's new

WTB - Vintage Motor for 20" Buffalo Drill Press

I have a 1hp 1100 rpm 3 ph open frame motor that was rebuilt years ago and stored I have never used it just thought it was cool. I would like 50 bucks for it. I am in Tucson.

Motor

I have a 1hp 1100 rpm 3 ph open frame motor that was rebuilt years ago and stored I have never used it just thought it was cool. I would like 50 bucks for it. I am in Tucson.

If mouldmkr doesn't want it, I have an interest and can arrange pickup in Tucson. Do you have a picture or two?

Thanks,

Earl

Hi Earl I can get a pic it is sitting in the driveway it is actually 11/2 hp I looked at it today. The motor is painted blue by the rebuilder but it is an old motor it is made by Howell It is a typical open frame motor with cast end bells and cast feet it says howell cast in the front endbell. I will get a pic tomorrow. Pick up would be great because shipping would be a killer. The thing weighs more than 50lbs.

That is a little bigger than I was thinking but send me a picture anyway. It sounds like a cool motor and I may be able to use it. Has it been sitting outside for a long time?

Thanks,

I don't have the original motor so I'm not sure what kind of description you need. It was a typical motor from the late 40's or 50's.

I don't have the original motor so I'm not sure what kind of description you need. It was a typical motor from the late 40's or 50's.

Thats part of the problem, we don't have enough info to give you much help. My Walker Turner drill motors are all approx 5.25 inch side to side and 5 inch end to end. Typically a 15" drill (if that's what you have, you didn't say...) would normally have a simple 1/2HP 1750 RPM motor with 1/2" shaft. They often burnt up or were changed because they still ran to fast for large drilling.

Not sure what motor Buffalo would have used but you can do some research at VintageMachinery and find out. Good luck.

Mike

Thanks Mike,the press is 20 inch

Thats part of the problem, we don't have enough info to give you much help. My Walker Turner drill motors are all approx 5.25 inch side to side and 5 inch end to end. Typically a 15" drill (if that's what you have, you didn't say...) would normally have a simple 1/2HP 1750 RPM motor with 1/2" shaft. They often burnt up or were changed because they still ran to fast for large drilling.

Not sure what motor Buffalo would have used but you can do some research at VintageMachinery and find out. Good luck.

Mike
Thanks Mike,the press is 20 inch

Back