What's new
What's new

Antique Drill Press Info Please

xtal_01

Plastic
drillpress_whole.jpg

drillpress_closeup.jpg

I purchased this drill press about 30 years ago and it has sat buried in the back of my shop ever since (I did not even know it was orange/red until the other day when I washed off the grease). It is in good shape but missing some of the feed parts.

I've been trying to research it on the web but am having problems. The plate on the base says Goodell-Pratt. From looking at pictures it looks similar to a #10 or #491. What is throwing me, is the feed. I cannot find a picture of a #10 with automatic feed. But a #491 has holes to mount the feed device in the wrong spot.

I would like to identify this drill press and find pictures so I can reproduce the missing feed parts. It has three holes where the feed parts were most likely mounted. There is a tapped hole in the frame directly above the large gear. There is a vertical hole in the frame in line with the feed ramp. There is also a hole in the web area near the column. These can be seen in the closeup picture I posted.

Can anyone please help identify the drill and provide information on the automatic feed?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks so much for helping me identify the machine! I agree, it would be easier to find another drill for parts but I have not seen another 11 out there.

Can anyone suggest where I may find a picture, so I can try to reverse engineer these parts?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Send me a PM with your email address. I have a Goodell-Pratt dealers catalog that has a larger view of the drill. I can enlarge the feed area and email it to you. That is the best I can do since I do not have a No. 11 myself.

Rob

Back