What's new
What's new

Truax steam rocket

Good vid, ...............what comes across to me is ;- Truax was a man ahead of his time, who's face didn't fit with the powers that be. ...................and how many times has the world seen that - only to realise when it was too late.

Good vid, ...............what comes across to me is ;- Truax was a man ahead of his time, who's face didn't fit with the powers that be. ...................and how many times has the world seen that - only to realise when it was too late.

Yep. After ww2, the germans *really* wanted to know why the US government had not funded Robert Goddard in a big way.

Truax, the inventor of the JATO bottle. Was an airfield named for him in my university town....

Was an airfield named for him in my university town....

Jim -

My Dad was stationed at Truax Field in 1945 - if we're talking about the same town - Madison, WI. It was named for a Thomas Truax, a WI native who was killed in a training accident in November of 1941. But maybe you are talking about another location.

Dale

Jim -

My Dad was stationed at Truax Field in 1945 - if we're talking about the same town - Madison, WI. It was named for a Thomas Truax, a WI native who was killed in a training accident in November of 1941. But maybe you are talking about another location.

Dale

Truax field was not named for that truax? I have learned somthing today - thank you. Yes, I graduated from UW madison.

Back