What's new
What's new

Jones Shaper

Hephaestus72

Hot Rolled
I recently aquired a Jones Shaper "some assembly required"

From what I've read the Jones was sold in kit form in the 50's.

Mine's about 80% complete, missing the internals and clapper.

Here's my question, Anyone have the prints or any info on the internals of this little rusty gem?? I have the Gingerly shaper book, thought about trying to modify ol Daves' design to fit the Jones.

Any thoughts from you purveyers of the old iron gospel??

D.L.Mix

Attachments

• DSC00002b.JPG
    DSC00002b.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00003b.JPG
    DSC00003b.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 244
WOW!! we now have a breeding pair!

Way cool!
I thought that mine was probably the only one still in existence. Yours is more original, as you have more of the casting set, and it looks like someone did a reasonable job of machining.
BUT... you have a long way to go before you have an operating machine. Mine has been a 3 year project to this point and I'm not finished yet.

I have also sent you a PM

Cheers
Pete

breeding pair??

well the mechanical action of a shaper IS rather suggestive.

But how to tell the gender..lol

Good to know there's another Jones owner out there.

Hmm, took me almost three years after joining PM to lapse into creepy shaper humor. You lasted a few weeks. You have the old iron disease bad, join the club. :)

That's a cool looking little shaper, both of you guys. Missed that thread the first time around. I always wondering what kind of project building one of those kits would be.

shaper humor

If you think this shaper project is interesting you should see my other one.

I have a George Wallcot shaper that's been converted to hydralics, Rube Goldberg would have been SO proud of the previous owner..lol

no photos

no pics just yet, I'll try to get some in the next couple of days and get them posted.

The best part of this oddball Mcguyver conversion is the fact he has it running off an automotive power steering pump. Whadda guy.

Back