What's new
What's new

Yates American patternmaker's lathe in NJ.

rivett608

Diamond
In addition to the auction in Orange Mass. on 11/11 there is also a Yates American what appears to be a pattern maker's lathe with a 8 foot bed. For info Email Roger K. Smith at [email protected]

Attachments

• Yates (3).jpg
    Yates (3).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 568
  • Yates.jpg
    Yates.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Yates (1).jpg
    Yates (1).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 870
Looks like a J_170 to me with an add on cross slide tool rest mount. I do not think this is original. The lathe looks like my J-170 but with a longer bed.
Bruce

Looks like a J_170 to me with an add on cross slide tool rest mount. I do not think this is original. The lathe looks like my J-170 but with a longer bed.
Bruce

I agree with Bruce. Yates American made this configuration with a woodworking banjo, or a metal spinning setup, or both. They didn't make a J170 with a patternmaker's cross-slide for the J170. More than likely, an add-on off another lathe, like a Delta, etc... It's not Oliver, as I have one of those, as well, and it looks nothing like it.

Still, a very nice setup and a nice lathe. These came set up with 38" between centers with the tailstock all the way to the right. What does yours measure? Looks longer, and there's no record of Yates American ever making an extended bed for this lathe that I'm aware of.

I just got off the phone with Roger on this one, The asking price is $ 1000. for the lathe and this planer. They are both in Wayne NJ.

Attachments

• Image 15.jpg
    Image 15.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 239

Back