What's new
What's new

Excellent material opportunity in Russellville, AR

DaveKamp

Titanium
To anyone interested in obtaining materials for building some hoisting/rigging equipment, here is an excellent opportunity-

in Russellville, Ar, we're taking out an overhead sign consisting of two 8" square 1/4" wall posts, and an associated overhead sign.

This is coming down on January 3rd, we'll have a crane onsite, and I'll have a guy there with torch to burn it loose.

If you have a trailer that'll carry a pair of 20' sign legs and a sign cabinet (about 20' long), the whole package weighs about 1500lbs, and you get a plethora of other excellent materials, too...

For free.

Contact me direct: 563-343-3014.

Still available, but time's drawing near

The schedule has varied slightly... the crane will be on-site Wednesday morning the 29th.

My guy will not be able to assist in taking it down, nor will he have a torch available, but the crane WILL be, and can be used to take down the sign. Bring your torch and trailer, and the crane will do all the hard work.

If not then, there will be a sign company on site Thursday to cut it down. If you can be there with a trailer when THEY arrive, they'll cut it down and put it on your trailer.

Otherwise, we'll be paying THEM to cut it down, and they'll double-dip by selling the scrap.

This is a shame, because those posts, at scrap value, are worth about $120 for the pair.

So I've had three inquiries, but apparently the ambition level is incredibly low in this area, as I've been halfway offended by two of 'em. This stuff is a handyman's gold-mine, and the opportunity cost is essentially nothing. If you went to try and BUY posts like that, you'd pay at least $450 each... the baseplates are stout... with very little effort, this stuff will make a hoisting tree capable of easily lifting a 10,000lb machine off of a full-width trailer.

But so be it... If I could run down and grab these, I would... but I can't. If someone's really, truely interested in getting some wonderful materials, step up to the plate and call.

Back