What's new
What's new

FREE: posts, lights, and smaller steel near San Antonio

DaveKamp

Titanium
Hey Guys- Posting it here FIRST, but gotta get 'em out quickly, so if you're interested, be quick on your response.

In Von Ormy, Texas, there's a truckstop where you'll find a scale with overhead sign, intercom signpost, and some interesting other stuff.

Said sign includes two stout square posts about 8" square, almost 1/4" thick, and about 14' tall, on stout baseplates, held in by large bolts.

The sign cabinet is about 5' tall, 20' wide, and has either 16-20 flourescent tubes or 5ish mercury vapor lamps.

The intercom cabinet isn't a whole lotta steel, but there's a nice video camera and a bullhorn speaker.

All this needs to come down... and the price is right- FREE.

The deal is: You show up, with a trailer, and a torch. I'll call out a small boom truck to pick the sign up, you torch off the bolts, lay it down, knock the legs off the sign, and stack it all up on your trailer, strap it down, and drive away laughing. I pay my crane.

I have 'rescued' a BUNCH of these sign legs, and have been using them to slowly rebuild my farm buildings. They're also ideal for making a 'hangman's tree'... put two good concrete bases in the ground, stand 'em up, and a stout I-beam across the top, with a chain-fall, and use it to lift stuff on and off of trailers.

Or scrap it... whatever.

Anyone interested?? Respond fast- my boss wants it out of there, and I can't drive down and get it myself...

David.Kamp (at) iowa80group.com

Or...

call my cell at five six three, three four three, thirty fourteen. I'm working night-duty this week... 2pm-10pm + on-call all night, so calling anytime before midnight (central) is okay, but let me sleep 'till at least 10am.

And here's what it looks like...

Picture's worth a thousand words, so these ought'a be worth at least ONE of my ordinary writeups...

Attachments

• CAT 4113 Intercom Sign 01-31-2009.jpg
    CAT 4113 Intercom Sign 01-31-2009.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 118
  • CAT 4113 Overhead Sign 01-31-2009.jpg
    CAT 4113 Overhead Sign 01-31-2009.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 119
  • CAT 4113 Overhead Sign 2 01-31-2009.jpg
    CAT 4113 Overhead Sign 2 01-31-2009.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 113
On the way back from where?

I'm not going there, James... it's there for the taking... whoever wants it, has'ta get in contact with me, they hafta take a torch and a trailer, and arrive there at the same time I have a crane arrive... put straps on it, lift it up, cut it off, lay it down, cut it apart, and put it on their trailer...

My company pays for the crane, and whoever meets the crane there, gets the sign kit...

Hi Dave, Sorry for the misunderstanding I thought it would be a job that you would be doing. I could contact the museum about it but I doubt that they would have the time or money to get it.

Thank you.

James

Back