What's new
What's new

Canadian Fairbanks Morse Drill Press

ertwdan

Plastic
I have aquired a Camelback-style Drill Press Manufactured by the Canadian Fairbanks-Morse Company. It is very similar in design to the Champion-style camelbacks. I wondering if anyone has ever heard or seen any literature or information on Canadian Fairbanks-Morse. I've started restoration on this Press and I'm just curious as to it's origins and just how rare it is. Please help....

I can't offer any help, but I'd be happy to see pictures, if you care to post. I'm currently trying to find anything on Royersford camelbacks - and getting nowhere (so far).

Thanks,
Jeff

Fairbanks Morse was-is a tool supplier in Alberta, I have had a 1935 era 15" Southbend toolroom lathe, and a 1953 9" model a southbend, that were both sold by southbend to Fairbanks Morse in Edmonton when new.

Jeff--

If you send me your email address I'll try to scan some Royersford papers I have for you. I'm not too sure how much luck I'll have with the scanner, but I'll try.

I bought two R. Excelsior's in 1985: fifty bucks each I think. I still have one, sold the other to my wife's aunt. A brother-in-law has that one I believe.

Northernsinger

Thanks for the info....I suspected that the Fairbanks-Morse was a Champion in disguise.....can anyone tell me if the Champions had their part numbers cast into the part....The FM does and it's an interesting detail. I'll trya and post some pictures this weekend if I can ....the only problem is that it's all in pieces right now....gotta love restoring old iron

Hello, I just came across this post. I have an old lathe that was sold by Canadian Fairrbanks-Morse out of Montreal Quebec. The lathe was made by Summit Machine Works in Worchester Mass. USA.
I've posted on a few forumS about the lathe but no one has ever heard of it. It must be fairly rare.....randy

After years of searching I found out that my drill press is very likely a Silver Manufacturing Press sold by Canadian Fairbanks-Morse. Silver was one of the predecessors to the Silver-Deming brand. If anyone has any history or information on these drill presses please let me know.

Back