What's new
What's new

UK Ebay "Planer" Americans are Crazy

Yeah, and you would have arms like Popeye after a week of playing with the thing.
Perhaps the guy who won it, thinks it's an exercise machine :D

all the best.mark

I know one of the guys here in Ohio that bid on it. I ran into a friend and this guy was with him and was telling me all about this hand planer he was bidding on in England.

I don't know if he was the winning bid or not. But ya'll are right some people sure have the bucks to burn..
Scott

Had one of those once - always had something set up and did a bit of planing to get warm in a cold winter workshop. Looks like I should have kept it until Ebay came along.
BTW sold it when I got a motor driven shaper & radiators in the workshop !
Mark

I have a little Tom Senior planer and a Thomas Taylor planer a little bench model belt switcher, both came from the Uk before prices got crazy. In this case the English gentleman that sold me the Thomas Taylor turned around and bought a Federal planer from the States and had it shipped to the UK. We always want what we can't have, still little boys at heart some with more money than others.

The guy that bid against the winner is a friend and I know the winner is a planner collector who already has several both probably frequent this site.

You can always get more money but try finding a new little planer --

I live near the seller he runs a tool shop called Bede tools. His location is in Jarrow upon Tyne, I have never bought anything from him, to expensive. (for me anyway)
MBB

Back