What's new
What's new

Value of this drill press

I've got the same basic model, except older (Delta Milwaukee). It has an intermediate pulley for more speeds, but has the same lower table. Great tool in my opinion. Never saw a plug like that though. You may need to change that and/or the motor. Sure beats the asian stuff. Don't know what I'd pay...
maybe 150/200.

Plug most likely a 15 or 20A 250V 3ph. Good clue to what motor is on it. I agree with Ray $150-200. Clean it up and maybe $250 tops. Odds are that motor is not a selling point and would be changed out by the potential new owner.

Bought a similar one just a few months ago at a local factory closing for (IIRC) ~ $350 after buyers premium was added. I needed a DP to tool up for a specific op to stay set up; it came up while I was shopping & a far better option than any of the imports at similar pricing. Will have to check model on mine later. it's 1HP 3ph, looks a lot like yours, does not have the extra small table yours came with.

smt

While I was diesel mechanic the owner of the local farm bought an identical DP for the shop for $175.

At the time I thought the pricing a little high, especially since a Sears Craftsman DP (of similar vintage and only slightly less capacity) can be bought on Craigslist for perhaps $75 (at the most.)

And a similar sized Chinese DP can be bought new from Harbor Freight for $125.

But there is not comparison in quality between these three options.

Joe in NH

I bought a Buffalo Forge floor model like that a few years ago and paid $160 in similar condition but no chip tray.

JSA

I bought one just like this at auction in June for $50.00, mostly because it had a tapping head attached, and I wanted the tapping head. A severly worn out Roll-In saw brought $700 sitting right next to the drill press. You just never know at auction!

Delta/Rockwell stuff are certainly reliable machines. There was a lot of lower-to mid grade stuff made in the U.S. in the 1950 - 1970's period that is quite serviceable, and exponentially better than the newer imports. My father bought a Rockwell 11" engine lathe new for our shop in 1978, and it is still going strong. Not beautiful, of have the "presence" of the old American iron, but decent machines nonetheless. Given your area, I agree with the other members here: 150-200, possibly more.

The plug is 3-phase. Got them all over my shop for my machines.

Just check the free play in the spindle before you go buying. I've had bad luck with these (never bought) got there to pick up and the spindles are wobbly as. when everyone else seems to have good luck. I hate you all...

If you can deduct for the 3~ motor, great. But take that extra money
and buy a VFD to run that original motor, drill presses are a *natural*
to be powered that way.

You'll never shift a belt again.

I had one just like that that the quill was very wobbly on. It was like that when I got it though. It was a heavy duty press but with the wobbly quill it was about useless

Back