What's new
What's new

What Mills Use B&S #9 End Mill Holders?

Newman109

Diamond
Sacramento County, California, USA California
I just picked up about 100 pounds of used tooling, including end mills, cutting tools, reamers and end mill holders. Among the items are four B&S style end mill Holders for Weldon Shank end mills. They are 1/8, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4. Two are Browne and Sharpe, Providence, RI USA and two are Putnam, Detroit, MI USA. All are marked as #9 and have 1/2 X 13 draw bar threads.

I need to know what milling machines used these so that I can more fully describe them. I intend to list them below in the tools for sale area.

Any information will be appreciated.

I just picked up about 100 pounds of used tooling, including end mills, cutting tools, reamers and end mill holders. Among the items are four B&S style end mill Holders for Weldon Shank end mills. They are 1/8, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4. Two are Browne and Sharpe, Providence, RI USA and two are Putnam, Detroit, MI USA. All are marked as #9 and have 1/2 X 13 draw bar threads.

I need to know what milling machines used these so that I can more fully describe them. I intend to list them below in the tools for sale area.

Any information will be appreciated.

Are these collets or endmill holders ? If they are for sure B&S #9 I could use them in my Gorton # 8 1/2 D vertical mill.

knn

My Sheldon horizontal mill uses #9 B&S taper tooling and/or tool holders. Many of the older, smaller horizontal mills use #9 B&S tooling. It is quite common with them.

Where were you when I needed them and had to buy a Chinese set? ? ? ? ? ? ? :bawling: :willy_nilly:

Frank

My Sheldon horizontal mill uses #9 B&S taper tooling and/or tool holders. Many of the older, smaller horizontal mills use #9 B&S tooling. It is quite common with them.

Where were you when I needed them and had to buy a Chinese set? ? ? ? ? ? ? :bawling: :willy_nilly:

Frank

I've owned them for about two days. LOL. I only use R8's.

I just listed these in the Tooling for sale forum here. You can always use some spares, can't you?

:)

Chris W said:
Some of the Burke Millrites use B&S 9.

Hey;

Before the two families were joined, US Machine Tool Co. mills used the B&S #9 taper as well. Also, it is helpful to search Tree Mill for such items, as some of them also used that taper. I have universal Engineering Y, Z, and ZZ Double Taper Collet tool holders and a decent selection of collets for my USMT V2 mill. As hard as they are to find, and they are quite rare, I ended up with TWO Z holders and a decent selection of duplicate collets that I would sell if anyone was interested.

I have a box of #9 B&S end mill holders that are looking for a good home....PM me if someone is interested.....Price will be reasonable.....gotta put eyes on them first...been a while.

Ok ....I got some pictures

Everything is Weldon, with the exception of the 3/4" one which is a Putnam

3 3/8
2 1/2"
2 5/8"
1 3/4"

$15 each

I also found these

#9 taper finish reamer and plug gage
The plug gage has a little surface rust, but is in otherwise excellent shape.

$40 for the pair.

Let me know

Dave

Back