What's new
What's new

Call me "Nervious Nellie" but...

Steve Stube

Hot Rolled
Call me "Nervious Nellie" but...it was 10:30 AM eBay time on the 12th that I won an auction. I PayPaled $98.00 (varified)within 10 minutes of auction end and also sent an e-mail to the seller asking for a tracking number so I could followup on the shipping. Still no word from him. Questions, how long should I wait before sending another follow up e-mail asking for the status? How would you handle this? Am I being too quick to get nervious (now 6:30 PM on the 17 th of March)?

5 days and no response! Do like I do and pester the hell outta them. The last 4 or 5 sellers have done me the same way. They want paid RIGHT NOW then fumblef*&% around and dont send the item until I bug them constantly. Its funny how these sellers tend to get a lazy streak after they get your money. Good Luck.....Jack

A good seller will e mail the tracking # as soon as it is available. Good communication is Important on E bay to insure Trust. you should e mail him twice a day till you get some responce. I always send a e mail when I receive payment and confirm shipping method.

A good seller will e mail the tracking # as soon as it is available. Good communication is Important on E bay to insure Trust. you should e mail him twice a day till you get some responce. I always send a e mail when I receive payment and confirm shipping method.

Who did you buy from - a business or someone selling one or two things to clear out the shop. If its a business, they should respond within a day or two. For a small timer give them a little more time, but after five days you definitely need to follow up.

I think it is a one man operation trying to look like a business. He has about 30 items at a time listed. Had time to get the next batch of items up for auction but no time to answer for those items already sold. Feedback of about 1200. I sent an e-mail last night about 8 PM and another one thru e-Bay (ask seller a question)a couple of minutes ago (which made it 6 days since the close of this auction). Will wait a bit longer and see if he responds.

I've noticed that ebay tends to protect the seller at all costs and it's to hell with the buyer if he or she gets slighted.Email this person as many times a day as you possibly can.Maybe he will get the intended message.

Of course ebay is going to protect the seller. after all, the seller is the one making money for ebay. The buyer isn't contributing a thing toward the coffers of ebay.

Ray, I agree with you, it does seem a sellers paradice. I went the eBay investigation route once and was not satisfied at all with the outcome - they claim they warned the seller. I see by the negatives he has received since he is still at his old tricks as a eBay seller. eBay refuses to remove the retallatory negative he gave me after they (eBay investigator) instructed me to leave negative feedback to warn others of this "non selling seller". I'd like to get this item but I don't have to have it. If he screws around too long he will be shy my $98.00 plus $50.00 more my CCCo takes for having to collect. Do you think PayPal/eBay will hand it over without going after the seller - I doubt it. I'm not certain they would be involved. (I hear you, backup bank account is empty). I'll take it slow and easy as I don't want anybody claiming harassment from too many e-mails. The hassel is really taking away from the excitment I experienced when I won the item at ~ $30.00 less than my proxy bid.

Steve,

Ebay has his "contact" info on file, once you enter into a transaction with someone you can go in and request it. I had to do this once on a guy who won something and then never paid and wouldn't respond to my emails, turns out he had munged up his email address and wasn't getting anything. Once I got his info, with a phone number, I was able to call and straighten things out, unfortunately not before he left a negative feedback on me for being a "dead beat seller" when all along it was his error.

Brian

It is also important to remember that eBays e-mail system sucks. If you change e-mail address, it is ometimes not possible to get eBay to update your info. My ISP changed names 3 times in 4 years (@Home, attbi.com and comcast.net) and it has take years to get eBay to update to the attbi.com AD. That will quit working in June then I will be screwed again. Many sellers won't read the e-mail that says contact me at XXXXX. They just hit reply on the eBay system. I got on eBays deadbeat sellers list over three items that I never could get a response to. eBays only reponse was to send me instructions on how to update my info. If that hasn't worked in 4 years what makes them think it will work now?

Thanks Brian, I didn't know about contact information until you mentioned it, however there is no e-mail address given in the contact info. As I reviewed the PayPal account I see that there is a different e-mail address posted there. I have sent off another e-mail to this address.

Questions;
1.) When I sent the payment does the seller see my e-mail address? and,
2.) I haven't had an e-mails returned to me as undeliverable, isn't that a bit strange if it is sent to a wrong/non-working address?

Well it is on the way as per message from the seller.

it went out today I was very ill and today was the first day i was able to
get out of bed to pack via fedex thanks

I hate to be knit-picky but the auction said all shipping is UPS insured. I can't get the tracking number he gave to work. And, he probably had a friend do all his new listings yesterday and the day before. Finally, his reply came with the e-mail address I sent to initially 6.5 days ago. Bless his heart, I hope he gets well soon as this performance can't be good for business. Thanks for the comments/help

Steve,

Admittedly, the seller's story sounds a bit hokey, but your seller could have listed the next batch of auctions prior to getting sick. Ebay does have a scheduled listing feature whereby you can put up a listing whenever you want and schedule it to appear on any day and time you choose. Costs an extra 10 cents. Smartest thing Ebay ever did for Sellers.

I prefer to end my auctions on Sunday nights. That used to mean that I would have to work on Sunday night listing Ebay items at precisely the time I wanted them to end.
Now, I can punch in the auctions whenever I feel like and schedule them to start (and therefore end) on Sunday night at prime selling time.

Dave

Well "Nervious Nellie" got a FEDEX shipment about 2 hours ago. Wired it up (VFD came in a separate box from the Duty Master inverter motor)and am I ever pleased with my purchase - read that as 'well worth a little aggravation'.

SP500_115V__1.jpg

SP500_115V__3.jpg

SP500_115V__4.jpg

I like it when a PLAN comes together.

Steve,

Glad you got the items, looks like a nice 110V VFD and motor. As for your questions, yes the seller sees your email address, and if you are having trouble emailing someone, send it return receipt requested. Almost all email programs will allow you to do this and that way when the other person reads/opens the email, it sends an email back to you letting you know that it was read.

Brian

Back