What's new
What's new

WTB looking for a D1-4 head shaft

ZMAN92020

Aluminum
Anyone have the mainshaft out of lathe with a D1-4 head, condition of shaft is not important . . . I want the head to make an adapter so that portion needs to be in good condition...

Thanks

Try calling Enco, MSC, etc. They are very hard to come by. THey are also HARD. I needed one for work as part of an adaptor. Ended up making one with dimensions from machinerys handbook. Robbed the camlock barrels (part with broached square) from an old lathe and need to order replacements. Any ?? feel free to email off board.

Emco also sells them as an accessory for their Maximat 11 and 13 Lathes to allow you to bolt the chuck on the cross slide when using the milling attachment. I looked into it once several years back, but did not want to cough up what they want for it. Around $275-$300 I think.

Thanks for the pointer to Grizzley . . they have it BUT it's $180 for the spindle plus tax and shipping, At least I have a cost reference now

I have a used one from a Sheldon, but if you think the $180 is too much, not much point in trying to sell you mine. If you look at all the work in that part, I'm surprised it can be bought for that little.

Back