What's new
What's new

New Buck-Forkardt 3 jaw adjust-tru chuck for sale

J. Elliott

Hot Rolled
Fellas,

This is Joel Elliott, I'm putting you in touch with a good guy machinery dealer/screw machine manufacturer up in NY. His name is Matt McCluskey, at [email protected]. Phone 845-691-4140.

This is a Buck-Forkardt 3AT8 adjustable chuck. The newest version is called the AT Plus, which I've linked at the bottom. I don't know the difference, you can call B-F at 1-800-228-2825 and ask what was changed. I've seen the chuck in person and it looked fantastic, and looked like the one in the link. (Probably some minor update somewhere?)

I bought a lathe headstock from the fellow. While picking it up I saw he had a new chuck that we figured went with it, although I couldn't pay for it at the time. Both the chuck and headstock were bought at the Bridgeport inventory auction last February. The headstock had in the box some 'made for Bridgeport' paperwork and two adapter plates. One is a factory A-5 spindle backing plate, the other something else I'm not quite sure of. I called the company to run down the part numbers, I'm sure at least that there is a factory A-5 backing plate with the chuck. The other plate is some kind of A-8 adapter. Matt and I figured at first glance this chuck was intended for my headstock, but the spindle mounts don't mate up to the plate. My headstock was from a Powerpath lathe with an A-6 spindle, I now suspect this chuck was to go on the EZPath, perhaps. If you have an EZPath with an A-5 spindle there is a second chuck waiting for you up in NY!

Beautiful chuck, but I've decided not to pick it up from Matt. I just don't want to have to make a backplate to fit the A-6 spindle on the headstock. I've never done it, never seen it, and don't know anyone who has. Maybe a machinist ought to know how to do this but I'm just starting out and don't feel up to it without any guidance. Now I'm feeling bad about not buying it from him and am trying to send another prospect in his direction. We'd thought the backing plate was going to fit my spindle, but since it doesn't I'm bowing out.

Anyone need a top-shelf chuck from a major make? I'll post a link at the bottom to Forkardt's webpage on the chuck series. Matt has been good by me, I suspect anyone here would enjoy picking up the phone and talking to him about it. Just tell him Joel sent ya. I can't say to a price exactly, but the last time I heard it was about half that listed in the MSC catalog. Not bad for never-used.

http://www.forkardt.com/products/manualchucks/index.html

[This message has been edited by J. Elliott (edited 03-12-2004).]

Back