What's new
What's new

OT - Ebay reality check?

Ive got one thatll top that. Put in Ebay item#2588261421. That is a cutter I was bidding on last night. My high proxy bid was 35.01(which was too much) but it brought 1,925.00. I thought it was a fluke but the bid before this one was 1,900.00 and these guys have good feedback. Check the bid history and you can see gunsafeammo which is me and then look at the 2 bids above mine! I e-mailed the seller and told him what a lucky man he was..........Jack

<Put in Ebay item#2588261421>

A guy using the same user id as the winner of the $1925 tool holder, "NHCF" posts over on rec.crafts.metalworking. Ask him what happened.

Ill contact him and see what he says. I bought a couple of items from the seller Sun. night when all this happened (tool holder and live center) anyway I e-mailed him today to tell him payment was in route and please tell me what the deal was on the 1,925.00 holder but he hasnt mailed back yet....Jack

Second highest bidder's previour bid was $18.
Judging by the timing, he could have intended to put in a bid of $19 when the top bid was showing below this. mistakenly missed decimal point ie $1900 for $19.00.
Top bidder seems to be a keen tool collector who sniped the bid in the last few seconds making the same mistake. The full ammount of the previous bid would not be showing.

Don your right. He said he was on a laptop and it just wouldnt let him enter the decimal. He said the guy before him had the same problem. Stranger things have happenend I guess.....Jack

Back