What's new
What's new

Stinel SH4d milling machine

Markusfu

Stainless
I would like to contact someone that might have a Stinel SH4d mill . I Have the FVK3 verticle head and need to find out what the driver gear for it looks like.

Thanks
Mark Fulmer

Jeep----

Yes- I'm still out here and still haven't found out what gear drives the vert head attachment.

Bake- I'll dig through what I have to see about lube requirements and possibly the age. Off the top of my head I'd guess 1950's.
Does yours have a 5 inch square window which allows you to view inside the machine while it is operation???

They are really nice hefty machines for the small size!

Markus

Markus

Markus: Thanks for the reply. Mine does have the viewing window...nice touch. They are a very substantial machine and mine is in excellent shape(including new main spindle bearings...they're still available). I have a pic of a Steinel with a vertical head fitted to it....don't know if that will help...

Bake

Bake- do you have any pics of the mill. Perhaps you could post it or e-mail it to me. I'd like to see what a nice clean one looks like. Mine is not restored and presently is pretty much burried.

Archie-Jeep???? contact ???

markus

Hi you all

I also had a Steinel milling machine I sold one year ago or so.
I've always been amazed by the RIDICULOUS table to spindle (MT3) height...
Put a collet holder and a vise on it, and then, just try to figure how to insert the part you want to machine in between...

Curious, as the overall rugged construction of the machine suggested more heavy milling capabilities.

Mine also had a specific mechanism allowing a quick raising of he knee. Never been able to figure out what it was really intended for.

Would any of you have some infos about that machine ?

Back