What's new
What's new

Weird problem with my FA10

whamac

Aluminum
Anyone ever experienced this?

My Mits FA10 seems to be losing its mind (or maybe it's me!)

Occasionally, after a wire breakage, the machine will simply give me a wire breakage error (T210), and just sit there.
Other times, it will do a normal rethreading cycle.

This is occuring on a production job; same program, over and over.

I've owned the machine for three years, and never had a problem like this at all.

Any clues?

I'm pretty sure on my FX10 if there isn't a intial M20(wire thread comand) earlier in the program some where pryer to the wire break, the machine will not attempt a re-thread. This might be possible also if you had re-started the program midway some where after a M20 and it was not read.

It's a long program with many individual cuts, separated by rapid moves.
It will sometimes thread after a breakage, and sometimes not; no rhyme or reason to it, that I can see.

It has me stumped.
Of course, this is the type of thing that happens on the weekend, when I can't call Mits!

It's been running fine for the last six hours or so.
Maybe it will be okay overnight.
Of course, as we all know, these machines have a way of knowing when you've shut off the lights and gone home...

I have had a similar type of fault with my Sodick 535L it came down to an air sensor was blocked therefore the machine did not know when to go into auto thread that is the basic way my machine works on air pressure may be your machine has a similar set up

Guess I'll call Mits tomorrow.

It's been threading fine since yesterday morning.
Several breakages (bad flushing conditions), but normal re-threads.

in one of the screen available to adjusting things...you will be able to select some features of the auto threader. I had something similar happen to me, and a tech showed me this page. there are a lot of fields that can be changed and selected. It took me maybe 3 screens before i got to the one that offered me what i needed to change. which I could tell you more....maybe ill get over to the machine and reproduce my steps and get back to you.

i have an FA10 as well.

bob

Once the number of wire breakages excedes the value set on the "AWF" screen. The machine will stop and display the "wire breakage" alarm.

If you have the "AWF Skip" feature on the "AWF" screen activated it will "skip" any part that excedes the set "breakage limit". By dry running through it. And storing it's location on the "AWF" screen. The "Bypass Retry" function is then used to go back and macihne the skipped parts. Up to 100 locations.

Only set the "AWF Skip" on if your doing multilpe parts utended.

The breakage limit default is 15 breakages. This is the default when the value is set to 0. Set it to 5 or 7. If the wire breaks 5 or 7 times then there is a problem anyway.

Back