What's new
What's new

Please identify this Mecatool EDM tooling

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

#1 looks like some kind of alignment cylinder for a sinker. Might be used like a tooling ball for picking up edges or center.. never saw one like this. Have no idea what it might be I have often mounted a precision 20mm round for alignment and hole pickup. For small holes I would I would often use a precision collet and a small pin. This could be used the same way, but would have limited application due to its large dia.

#2 This is a mini-chuck for holding electrodes on a sinker. Don't know who makes the one shown. No clue as to value.

#3 Wire tooling. I don't have anything like this but the precision hole in the end could be set up as a reference to other tooling/parts. No idea as to value.

#4 Looks like sinker tooling, but don't know what it is.

Not much help, huh ?

TMD

The #3/4 is the reference for Mecatool unimatic chucks(used in WEDM). You can find it on the System3R website. They bought out Mecatool years ago. Its catalog number is C960450. I paid $1,370 in 1998 for this item.

They all look like tools for referencing either a "C" axis on a sinker or a "B" axis on a wire. The first two (cylinders) would be to measure ZX and ZY squareness/straightness, runout, wobble, etc. The second two would be to index a rotary axis parallel to the X/Y travels by running an indicator down them.

At least, that's what they look very much like from those pictures.

Back