What's new
What's new

portable wire EDM machine

cybergirl

Plastic
I'm looking for a way to wire EDM (24) 1/8 slots in a collet. The slots allow the collet to close, and tolerancing is +- .010. The slots are equally spaced every 15 degrees. Picture a large 5c type collet. The collet is 22" OD with a 14" ID and is approx 14" long. The 24 slots end in 1/2" hole and run 10" long. I have been told about setting up a plexiglass tank (to hold the water) on the floor using a porable wire machine or some kind of attachment for an existing wire machine, but I can't locate this type of equipment. The material is 4140 RC 28-30. We have a 2003 robofil 240. Can anyone tell me where to locate a wire machine or attachment that can do this. [email protected]

Is this something you will be making a lot of or a one or two part deal? Mitsubishi offers machines that can do up to 24" height between flush cups if you're going to be making enough parts to justify a machine.

http://www.mitsubishi-world.com/

I think your dealer down there is Premier Machinery, Inc in Altamonte (near Orlando). Phone is 407-786-2000 and the salesmens name is Ken Stissel if you are interested.

Also, keep in mind that in a shape like that you will be dealing with very poor flushing conditions with 4" wall thickness and only 1/2 the flushing. With a tolerance that open, have you considered waterjet?

Back