What's new
What's new

Where did the STCW go for mastercam 10

Mike Meadows

Plastic
I have been messing around with mastercam 10 now for a couple of weeks now, and Im having a hard time adjusting from version 9 to the current. If anyone is currently using this software please let me know how to get my thread and cut positions working.

I am also in Grand Rapids. I have not yet used the X (use 9.1 now), but I'm sure it will be a real headache.

Call your seller for help. If it is Axsys Inc., good luck. Half the time the phone support person started the conversation with," I'm not real good with the wire package, but maybe I can help you." I wore the phone out and their ears learning 9.1. I'm an ex-Esprit user who was forced to change to MC. "It's way better and that is what we are going to do."

Wow! I beg to differ, but I think Esprit is alot more user friendly.

Good Luck,

George @ Pridgeon & Clay Inc.

I use MasterCam 9.1 and SmartCam 9.
I use the SmartCam for all 2D work and MasterCam for 4 axis. SmartCam is more flexible than MasterCam for general 2D use. I don't like the STCW, SmartCam you just create a leadin / leadout line with no offset. My guess is that MasterCam X does the same thing. I went to the WestTEC show and watched a MasterCam tech try creat a 4 axis tool path, after a half hour he gave up.
I would go back to 9.1 and wait untill X matures.

I use MasterCam 9.1 and SmartCam 9.
I use the SmartCam for all 2D work and MasterCam for 4 axis. SmartCam is more flexible than MasterCam for general 2D use. I don't like the STCW, SmartCam you just create a leadin / leadout line with no offset. My guess is that MasterCam X does the same thing. I went to the WestTEC show and watched a MasterCam tech try to create a 4 axis tool path, after a half hour he gave up.
I would go back to 9.1 and wait untill X matures.

Mike, if you right click on your tool bar and click customize you can find the thread and cut points under the category for wire utilities.
Hope this helps

Back