What's new
What's new

help

wire slave

Plastic
I just bought a Mits Fa20S and a mits ED2000M small hole drill. I am looking for some work. Wire or small hole. Any leads would be great. I also have a surface grinder, manual mill and lathe. I am a journyman moldmaker with 8 years of wire edm experiance.

Wire Slave, you should list your address and phone/fax numbers, and your name would be a good idea also, if you want people to contact you about work. There is a Commerce section here on PM just for advertising what you have and what you are capable of doing. Anyway how do you like the FA20S so far? Did you buy it new?

Bill

Yeah, Those threaders are a bit temperamental. They need some very regular maintenance. Once you get in the habit of doing it once a week, it will only take you 15 minutes to perform and will never give you any headaches. Definitely use clean wire. They hate the dirty stuff... I loved my FA 20, FX 10, and even my 90H... Mits rocks..

I have had problems from day one. Had mits here once. I only have 150 hours on machine. I have only used mits van-tg wire. That might be the problem.

Have you tried a different spool? Sometimes you wind up with a spool with a lot of memory in it and it will make threading impossible. VanTG is generally pretty good wire but like any mass produced products, sometimes you get a bad one.

We have a FA20P with extended UV ways, it's almost a year old now. Threader works great, routinely threads .020" dia. holes. We had to get a few bugs worked out after it was delievered, but she runs great now. We also have an FX20 and an SX10, and this FA20P is SO MUCH NICER! Good luck with the business.

Bill

I have tried differant spools. Same problem. I tried the cpg express wire last night for the first time. Cut ok. Size seemed to cut a little big. Do i need to tweak offsets when i run the zinc coated wire. My old esprit used to have a place where i could pick coated brass and it would give me differant power settings for the coated wire. I don't see it in the new esprit.

Back