What's new
What's new

Charmille Opti CT Dos Application v3.3

stevie'baby

Plastic
Hi all

I may be in danger of being thrown out with this question but I am at a complete loss so here goes. We use an application called Opti CT to produce programs to run our CT machinery (the particular module is called Profil CT). The version number is v3.3 and it seems to only run in DOS. From what I have heard it was actually a DOS 6 application.

I need to make this application run either within a DOS window on Windows 98 (instead of restarting into MS-DOS mode) or in a Command Window on a Windows XP Pro machine.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction or offer any advice?

Yours hopefully

Steve :confused:

You should be able to get most any DOS application to run successfully under XP Pro.

However, you may have to tweak the startup files for the command window to get things to work perfectly.

If you go into "Help and Support" in the start menu, do a search for "DOS Application". Of the items it finds, the ones of interest to you will be:

- Create custom startup files for an MS-DOS-based program
- Specify custom startup files for MS-DOS-based programs
- Allocate system resources for an MS-DOS-based program

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not going to be able to get back on the machine till Friday/Saturtday (the system is flat out producing programs till then) so will do some digging around then and post findings back here.

THanks again.

STeve

Hi

Ok so without actually modifying the startup files 2 of the sub applications actually work so things are looking hopeful. I have taken a copy of the application (from the Win98 machine and the original source disks) and will be tweaking it over the next few days.

Cheers

Steve

Sounds as if you're well on your way to getting things resolved.

Steve,

I'll let this topic run as it could have some EDM application, but no questions or problems relating to EDM were in your query. Try to place your questions in the appropriate forum. If this gets out of hand I will move the topic to the CAD-CAM section which is more related to computers, etc.

TMD

Back