What's new
What's new

Exeron or Herbert Walter EDM- Ever heard of it ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
1997 Herbert Walter sinker type CNC EDM, model 'Ramcut 303'. Made in Germany, sold by Methods in the USA...currently dubbed 'Exeron' with 2006 equivalent being the Exeron 313

Control is PC based using DOS OS w 1.2GB hard drive for data storage. (Current model 313 is still PC based but with Windows OS and no doubt much larger hard drive) 14 inch color VGA monitor.

This Ramcut 303 is equiped with tool changer and C axis options and in pristine condition. Pulsed peak current is 60 amps, transistor driven. Cost aprox $190,000 in 1998.

Ever run one, heard of anyone running one, comments on quality, control, service, and current market value ?

resources.get.html

I am familiar with the 312 model. I recently started working for a mold shop that has a 1998 model, that they bought new.

I like the machine, easy to program and set-up. I have found it to be a good machine and burns consistantly and predictable. Best part is it does not need flush lines drilled in the 99% of electrodes.

There have been a few service calls on this machine over the years, but it is been a good performer for the shop, as much as I've heard. The biggest problem was the monitor has failed twice since they have owned it, once in 1999 and again last month. Service comes from South Carolina, only place in the country that is factory supported. Service is good from what the other guys in the shop have told me.

My only gripe is I want more than 5 tool changer.

Scott

Back