What's new
What's new

Ceramic Plate Source?

eben

Plastic
Hi All,
I'm trying to find a new ceramic base plate for my Sodick EX21. I was wondering if anyone knows of an alternate source of the plates other than from Sodick (very expensive). Mine has a crack in it and will need to be replaced soon. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Dimensions are 21.5 x 14.25 inches.
Thanks.
-Eben

I see nothing in all of the usual spots on the net. EDM sales and supply however doesn't have a web site. Their number is 1-800-EDM-SAVE. Not sure if they will have it or not. I do know Makino just bought them though... Not sure what relevance that has...
What is Sodick asking for the part?

Thanks for the info... I called them and they are going to get back to me with a price. Cross my fingers they come back under Sodick's $2100. If per chance you come across any other options please add to this thread. Go Buckeyes!

That sounds like a pretty big plate, on my WEDM, it had a smaller ceramic plate on the lower arm that broke, and the former owner replaced it with a plastic laminate one that he made himself. I just wonder if you could do something like that yourself if the price is just too high...

Eric

Back