What's new
What's new

wire design and planning

jasonwoods

Plastic
I am looking to improve effeiciency.
Quite often I get wire work that requires multiple pieces and multiple setups.
If only we could design these pieces ganged up together to give me longer run time and less setup time.
Is there anyone that specializes in such design planning?
If you any information you think could help me out I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Jasonwoosds

I suspect what you're asking would be quite dependent on...

a) The type of work you want to "gang up"

b) The brand/model of machine you have

c) The CAM package you are using

Can you be more specific in what you're trying to accomplish, and what equipment you have?

thx
PM

Jason,
Well you definitely have the right equipment. I love that Mits you have and the Esprit makes things a lot easier.
Do you know how to use macro programming? That is probably the best way to be able to gang up your work. You have the capability in your machine to set different points either by naming their location in a macro program or by manually entering them into the machine. I prefer the former.
I ran a Mits FX-10 in which I had 7 different points named for 7 different fixtures in the main program. My first sub-program would call up all of the fixtures locations that I was going to use in that burn and then call up a sub-program that would marry my part geometry to that fixture. The third sub-program would be as just described (marry fixture to part geo). Finally, the last would be my part geometry. When I programmed each part geometry, I would stop .1 short of slug drop, cut wire, and return to the first sub-program and move to the next fixture. The machine would burn all the rough cuts during the evening unattended. Then I would come in the next morning, cut off all the slugs, and program the next load while the machine was skimming. In the afternoon, I would load it all up and do it all over again. Extremely efficient if I do say so myself.
The program tree looks like this...

Main program named "9000"
*names ALL fixture positions.

e.g.
(fixture #1) Point 1 is X1.3 Y.5
(fixture #2) Point 2 is X2.0 Y.5
(fixture #3) Point 3 is X2.7 Y.5
Call up program 9100

1st sub-program named "9100"
*names which fixtures you will use for this burn by calling up subs.

e.g.
Call up program 9110 (will run fixture #1)
Call up program 9130 (will run fixture #3)

2nd sub-program named "9110 & 9130" (in this example).
* Marries fixture to part geo.

e.g.
"9110"
Go to point #1
Call up program 9111

"9130"
Go to point #3
Call up program 9113

3rd sub-program named 9111 and 9113 (in this example)
* This is your part geometry.

This sounds like a lot of work, but the only thing you will have to ever edit is the 1st sub-program to include what ever fixtures you will be running that day. Your part geometry must be named with what ever fixture you plan on running them in, so some pre-planning will be in order. In this example they were named 9111 and 9113 because they were to be run in fixture #1 and fixture #3.
You MUST program your part geometry around that fixtures zero position however.
Obviously, your main program must work out of the machine coordinates. That way you don't lose your fixture positions every time you G92 in your part geometry program.
I don't remember the exact codes for saving points and calling up subs. It's in your book or phone support can help.
If your just repeating the same geometry over and over again, life is much easier. Have your main call up a move of 1 inch (or however far you need to clear the last part you cut), and then run your geometry again. Just two programs...
Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Back